Mar 29, 2017 Chicago Pit Bull Crossed Street to Attack

Chicago Pit Bull Attacked Near the Corner of Berteau and Clark

Chicago - At the corner of Berteau and Clark yet another unreported pit bull attack. In this neighborhood with two three-legged pit bulls, the owner must be a self-congratulatory, full-of-herself, idiotic rescue angel who ran away from this owner.  She's probably got a blog about her two Tripod Pitties in the City, too.


From Everyblock:

"A warning to all dog walkers/pet owners: Today I was attacked by a pit bull.

There were two 3 legged pit bulls walking on the opposite of Grace from me as I walked my dog. The two dogs started freaking out as we walked past, on the opposite side of the street, one of the dogs broke free from its owner and I watched as it came bolting across grace toward my dog.
The owner was shouting at me to "quick get my dog" and I remember thinking "Lady I have my dog right here, your dog is loose?!" but I didn't get a chance to say anything.

I have never had an encounter with a vicious dog before. This dog jumped at my dog in a way that I can only describe as dog fighting. I instinctively lifted me leg toward the dog to get it away from mine, and it circled back around and went for my dog again. I put my arm in the way and was bit in the wrist and subsequently my knee as I tired to get the dog off my arm with my other leg. It seemed like it took forever, as I realized this dog was really biting me, finally the owner grabbed her dog and wrapped herself around the dog in a protective manner or in some attempt to prevent the dog from seeing anything. I remember my blood pumping really good and calling the dog a psycho and telling her the dog was a danger. I should have called the cops but my injuries were minor and my dog was unhurt. I just wanted to get away from the situation. If the owner was not around, nothing short of incapacitating the dog would have stopped its attack. Please be careful or if you know these dogs owners please advise them to muzzle, properly leash, and attempt to rehabilitate their animal who obviously was involved in dog fighting. The more I think about it the more unsettled I am by the whole event."

Read more: